I just posted a photo thanking all the people who have made my dream Amaixico a reality, and a few hours later I was surprised with the wonderful news of having been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Awards.
This award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who inspire positivity, creativity and sunshine. They inspire us to reach our dreams and enjoy the journey!
My nomination came from Erica from Get Up. Get Out. Get Lost. Thank you so much Erica for making me feel that dreams can be reached.
She started her adventure at 18 and has managed to discover and share beautiful places of the world from her unique perspective. One word, Motivation!
THE RULES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger (s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- Inform your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/ or on your blog.
- What is the most meaningful connection that you’ve had with a local during travels?
I have always felt an extraordinary connection with seniors, even since I was a little girl. And in my trips, it has not been the exception, often older people come to me to talk.
On one of my trips to the Marvelous Los Angeles (One of my favorite cities in the world), I was enjoying a quiet early morning in Santa Monica Pier when 3 men around 70 years old approached me to talk.
We were talking about an hour, they lived just a few blocks away and told me they meet every morning to catch up.
It has always amazed me how older people enjoy their age and share stories and advice.
- What is the most meaningful travel photograph that you’ve ever taken?
The most meaningful travel photo is one at the the Dachau Concentration Camp. It was an experience that left me speechless, a mix of feelings really hard to explain. I just hope we can learn of the mistakes in the past and never repeat.
- Have you ever travelled somewhere that was completely different than you’d expected, for better or for worse?
Yes, for sure! On my trip through Italy, I had the opportunity to visit Verona. I had no expectations about the city, besides the cheesy Juliet’s house.
And I must say that it was a big surprise, Juliet’s house was lovely.
But the city was awesome! Its beautiful streets, cafes, buildings and all the vibe of a magic city.
- Tell me about your favorite travel fling. Don’t be shy!
When I still was a flight attendant, my boyfriend (now my husband) lived near Toronto. Every month we met in that lovely city and spent beautiful moments walking, talking and at the end waiting to the next month to repeat the adventure.
We have fantastic memories of fall and winter time in Toronto.
- Which country do you think you could explore forever and never run out of things to see and do?
Mexico, definitely! I’m very proud of my country and that’s why I started my blog. To share with the world my beautiful Mexico.
It is a country where you can enjoy archaeological sites, amazing beaches, cool magic towns, delicious food, colorful traditions on every state.
I started exploring since I was a baby and fortunately I don’t finish yet.
- What’s the one destination at the top of your list that you’ve somehow yet to visit?
That would be Alaska, there are many on my list that excite me, but Alaska sneaks up.
I worked for Alaska Airlines but at the airport in Mexico and never had the opportunity to travel there.
I’m sure I’ll do it soon.
- Tell me about a time you’ve received help or experienced a stranger’s kindness while the road.
On my trip to Sacramento, California. I left my hotel to go around the city and explore but I had no idea where to start (Google Maps didn’t exist on the cellphone HAHA) I’m not that old, I was very young!
Long story short, I approached to a lady outside a street market to ask her about things to do there, she stopped what she was doing and walked with me to the main street. She told me about museums, restaurants, the beautiful Old Sacramento, restaurants, tips and everything. She even asked me if I need to write it down, she was so kind and I ended up loving that city.
- What makes you miss home while you’re exploring foreign lands?
The three most important people in my life my husband, my mom and my dog. I miss them a lot but it gives me great joy to return and appreciate the moments we spent together.
- What advice would you give to someone about to embark on their first ever solo journey?
Do it without fear! Be careful with the places you visit and don’t trust everyone but enjoy! Talk with locals, try their food, take crazy photos and appreciate your loneliness. There is nothing like traveling solo, especially if it’s another country with different traditions and language.
10.What do your family or loved ones think about you gallivanting around the globe?
They Love It!! They understand is my passion, in some trips my mom comes with me and in some others my husband joins me. But I mostly enjoy doing it on my own. It´s my dream since I was a little girl, they respect me and support me in all ways.
- Why do you travel?
Really good question! I think is on my DNA, I always dream with beautiful places around the world. I enjoy every trip like the first one and I try to never compare a town or city with another. There is always something magic everywhere.
My Nominees for the sunshine blogger award
Here are my 10 nominees who spread their sunshine around the world.
- Miha Ella A beautiful cabin crew girl who travels around the world inspiring us.
- Amanda from The Pineapple Backpacker a wonderful storyteller with a lovely pineapple backpack.
- Candice from Candy Wayfares who live an extended honeymoon discovering beautiful places.
- Annabel from Chasing Waterfalls who shares amazing photos of waterfalls around the world.
- Abby from Schall We Get Away who has been traveling to beautiful destinations and sharing her great stories for a few years.
- Abi from Travel Tea Tv who recommends us books, food and amazing destinations.
- The Amateur Backpacker a couple from Israel that shares with us wonderful stories about South America.
- Now Here On Earth a couple that has been traveling and now they start a new adventure traveling with her baby girl.
- The Search Of Happiness a beautiful girl who shares amazing photos around the world in a very authentic way.
- Dann Castillo from The Dream Packer a Mexican girl who shares adventures on a very unique way.
- Which is the most surrealist place you have visited?
- Your best tip at the airport.
- A country that you should visit no matter what.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What is your motivation when you travel?
- A funny anecdote Please!
- Do you have a travel regret?
- 8. What is the most annoying travel question?
- The scariest moment on a trip.
- Where is your next trip?
- What do you miss the most when you are traveling?